Formerly known as OpenERP and TinyERP, Odoo stands for OnDemand (SaaS) Offer from OpenERP. It is available in the cloud or on-premise and has been developed for small and medium businesses. The ERP is highly customizable because it is open-source software. Tailoring the software to your organization-specific requirements, developers are able to easily access and make modifications to the modules. If you don’t know, it can be sourced in two ways:
- The Community Edition: It has a desktop version only and is free of cost.
- The Enterprise Edition: It can be hosted on the cloud or via desktop and is purchased on a SaaS subscription.
Including external shipping systems and payment processors, Odoo can also integrate with other systems. It has a number of modules available such as MRP, CRM, POS, Accounting, Project management, eCommerce, Timesheets, and more. In a word, From Odoo Dubai to Odoo UAE, this software is very famous among organizations. And, Emerald Software is the best Odoo implementation partner that ensures authentic Odoo software for organizations. We are the official Odoo partner who implements Odoo ERP Dubai to Odoo ERP UAE to Odoo ERP worldwide for the growth of the business.
Functions of Odoo ERP software:
Basically, Odoo ERP helps address all the needs of your business in a single, cost-effective, and modular solution. Between the Odoo apps and the tens of thousands of Community apps, there is no more work to get different technology to cooperate. Since Odoo apps are perfectly integrated with each other, it allows you to reap the savings & benefits and fully automate your business processes. So, here are some functions of Odoo ERP based on different modules.
1) Accounting & Invoicing: This module provides all the general financial processes that are needed within an organization. It includes bank reconciliations & cash management, accounts payable & receivable, and taxes & reporting.
2) Project Management: Using a multitude of views, this module provides the ability to manage multiple projects and resources. As a result, The views include calendar, graph, pivot table, kanban, Gantt Chart analysis.
3) Inventory Management: Whether you have a complex warehouse map across geographies or a single inventory, it provides full traceability for all your organization’s products from supplier to customer.
4) Manufacturing: This module provides a Work center Control Panel and integrates with other key Odoo apps as well. Those apps include quality, maintenance, and PLM. And, the Work center Control Panel displays progress, work orders, production quantities, time tracking, work instructions, and more.
5) eCommerce: This module enables your organization to develop an online shopping experience. It is done by choosing one of the available template websites and customizing it as per your needs and requirements. It will showcase your business and product range in detail.
6) Timesheets: With this module, employees can on the go using the time tracking app and record activities flexibly. Meanwhile, managers have the ability to view and report on team timesheets as well as the link to sales orders.
Odoo ERP Pros & Cons:
Provided by independent analysts of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution as well as current users, let’s explore some of the pros & strengths vs cons & weaknesses of Odoo ERP.
Pros & Strengths
- When investing in a small number of modules, requires low cost for the implementation.
- Offers a comprehensive selection of Odoo apps. After that, integrates with many third-party add-on software apps. Those apps include eBay, Whatsapp, and more.
- The free “Community” version is available along with a free trial offer.
- It can be easily customized because it uses Open Source software.
Cons & Weaknesses
- This is not a “plug and plays” solution. It requires IT knowledge and professionals to install and maintain the software.
- When utilizing the variety of Odoo Modules and third-party apps, it can become costly when all the functionality is applied.
- In the initial stage of implementation, there is a steep learning curve.
- Unlike other well-established ERP players, it does not have the same lengthy history.
Odoo ERP Third-Party Extensions:
Odoo offers third-party vendor extensions via its internal app store just like many other ERP vendors. It offers seamless integration with various other applications such as Quickbooks, Amazon, Whatsapp, and more. It extends the functionality of your ERP undoubtedly. To know, check out the list of third-party apps:
- Asset Management
- Sales Order Automation
- Data Migration
- Budget Management
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Stock Picking
Odoo ERP Deployment:
Odoo offers a range of hosting and licensing options, unlike other ERP vendors who only offer Cloud or On-Premise ERP solutions. Let’s take a look at those options:
1) Private Cloud Subscription (PCS): Your software is hosted in a private cloud with a hosting provider that you choose, or else it can be hosted on-premise with the PCS option. Since the subscription fee is again annual, your organization can decide when updates are applied.
2) Software as a Service (SaaS): Your Odoo software is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) when deployed via SaaS. It allows you to access the software from any other web-connected device or any web browser. In this case, Acumatica handles all infrastructure and upgrades.
3) Perpetual Purchase: If you don’t know, it is a kind of traditional way of purchasing. An organization purchases the software first with this option and then pays a yearly ‘maintenance’ fee to keep the software up to date. The initial fee is slightly lower in the perpetual purchase because it does not include the associated hosting and cloud services costs.
Odoo ERP offers a lot of features and benefits that can help professional services firms. It includes customer relationship management, deep project management, integrated financial management & accounting, billing, and more. Emerald Software offers the best Odoo ERP software that is designed to make your business work in a simpler way. Be it Odoo ERP Dubai or Odoo ERP UAE, we are the best Odoo implementation partner that facilitates you to run a free-flowing business with all its functions. So, if you want to know more about Odoo Dubai or Odoo UAE, then contact us back and schedule a meeting!!
Select Product for Free Demo